The membership of the Caucus is composed of over 5,000 gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender alumni/ae, faculty, staff, and students of Harvard and Radcliffe Colleges and the Harvard Graduate and Professional Schools. Harvard and Radcliffe affiliates who support our mission are welcome to join the Caucus regardless of sexual orientation.
As a member of one of the largest university-affiliated GLBT groups in the world, you would have the opportunity to:
- Make new friends and see old ones at reunion events in Cambridge as well as social gatherings sponsored by local chapters throughout the country and the world
- Stay informed about what's happening at Harvard, via the HGLC Newsletter and E-Newsletter
- Network for jobs and other prospects through the HGLC online Membership Directory
- Support and advocate for the student, faculty and staff GLBT communities on campus
- Persuade Harvard to help bring about broader social change in other universities, and in society at large
- Subscribe to the Gay & Lesbian Review at a discounted rate
- Three issues of the Caucus Newsletter
- Twelve issues of the Caucus E-Newsletter
- Access to our online Membership Directory
- An invitation to our Annual Commencement Dinner in May
- Notices of Chapter events in your area
- Notices of reunion events for your class
- Occasional notices of special events
How to Join
Dues are voluntary and $20 a year. We depend on dues to pay for our newsletter, our online membership directory, and this website, among other services. Dues-paying members also receive a ballot to vote in the annual HGLC Board of Directors election and any other special member-related ballots. Recent graduates within two years of receiving their degree need not pay dues to receive the same privileges.
For an additional $15 year (a 25% discount), members receive six issues of the Gay & Lesbian Review, a journal of literature and ideas.
Harvard full-time students or Harvard students on leave are eligible for non-voting membership only. Student members may also receive the Gay & Lesbian Review for the $15-per-year discount price.
A tax-deductible contribution of $100 or more to The Open Gate Foundation includes voting membership in the Caucus and six issues of the Gay & Lesbian Review. The Open Gate, a Fund for Gay and Lesbian Life at Harvard University, is a private charitable foundation that funds, among other activities, the annual HGLC Public Service Fellowship and the undergraduate QSA (Queer Students and Allies) Resource Center.
If you have a Harvard or Radcliffe affiliation and would like to join the Caucus, please fill out our online form:
We would be delighted to have you join us!
If you do not have a Harvard affiliation, we invite you to subscribe to the Gay & Lesbian Review.